Saturday, February 27, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog. I plan to post about all sorts of things related to design, decorating and flea marketing.
Let me start off with these......


This is why I named my blog Shutters in the first place. These were my first flea market purchase. I originally bought these to make a room dividing screen in our first house. Since I'm a big fan of New Orleans and the French Quarter I thought it would be a great way to incorporate the shutters I saw everywhere in NO in my own little creole cottage here in Texas.

There are so many things you can do with these. You can hange pictures from them, jars hung with ribbon filled with votive candles or flowers. In an office, the jars can be filled with supplies, pens, scissors, paperclips, you name it.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back often.

1 comment:

  1. Please include your sister's lovely furnishings as often as you can.
    Love,
    your sister

    ReplyDelete